As the weather starts to cool, there’s nothing like jumping in the kitchen and filling the house with the smell of delicious baked goods.
Below we’ve got a vegan banana bread recipe from Oh She Glows that will help warm your house and your tummy this autumn.
- 1 1/3 cups mashed, ripe bananas (about 3-4)
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (almond, oat etc.)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour
NOTE: If you like you can top with nuts, sliced banana, cacao nibs etc.
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth.
- Add the ground flax, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and milk of choice to the mashed banana and stir until combined.
- Add the sugar and mix until combined, then do the same with the oats
- In another bowl mix together the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Then add to the banana mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. If you wish to add toppings such as nuts, do so now and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Bake the loaf for 45 – 55 minutes or until lightly golden and firm on top.
- Allow to cool in tin for 30 minutes and then remove from the tin transferring to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- This loaf will keep for 3-4 days wrapped in the fridge.