This hot chocolate drink from Well Nourished is a winter hit for those cold nights curled up on the couch!
2 tbs cacao (unsweetened)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ ground ginger
¼ ground turmeric
¼ ground cardamom
¼ tsp vanilla
1 tsp rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
400-500ml milk of your choice (almond, coconut, soy, etc.)
1. Mix the cacao and spices together in a mug or cup
2. Mix to combine and then divide between the two cups
3. Add the honey or syrup to each (if required)
4. Heat the milk of your choice. This can be done on the stove, in a milk frother or even the microwave
5. Add a little of the hot milk to each of the cups and mix to dissolve the hot chocolate mix. Top up with the remaining milk and enjoy.
This ginger tea from Cookie + Kate is the perfect little drink for those cold mornings and with just a few ingredients, it couldn’t be easier!
4 cm piece of ginger, cleaned and thinly sliced
2 cups water
1 thin round of orange or lemon (if desired)
Drizzle of honey (if desired)
1. Combine ginger and water in a saucepan
2. Bring the water to the boil and then lower to a simmer
3. Simmer for 5 minutes (or up to 10 if you want a strong tea)
4. Pour the mix through a sieve to catch the ginger
5. If desired serve your drink with a round of lemon or orange and a drizzle of honey.
VÖOST Vitamin C – served warm!
Did you know, our VÖOST Vitamin C blood orange flavoured drink can be enjoyed hot as well as cold? We’re enjoying ours served warm at the moment as it’s perfect for these cooler months. VÖOST Vitamin C helps support a healthy immune system and helps relieve the severity of common cold symptoms when taken regularly. *
TAKE ONE TABLET DAILY, DISSOLVED IN 200 ML OF WATER, OR AS DIRECTED BY YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL
1 VÖOST Effervescent Vitamin C tablet
200ml hot water
1. Heat up 200 ml of water
2. Drop one VÖOST Effervescent Vitamin C tablet in and wait for it to dissolve. OR AS DIRECTED BY YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL.
Note – if you’re familiar with our Vitamin C product already, be prepared for the warm water to dissolve the tablet MUCH faster!
This golden drink from BBC Good Food isn’t only warm in colour, it’s also warm enough to take the frosty edge off of those freezing cold mornings.
350ml milk of your choice (almond, coconut, soy, etc.)
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ ground ginger
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple syrup
Grind of black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and whisk continuously over a gentle heat until hot.
2. Once hot, pour into mugs and sprinkle with a little cinnamon to serve.
NOTE: A milk frother works great if you have one
*ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS SHOULD NOT REPLACE A BALANCED DIET. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.