Magnesium plays a vital role in the health of your body and brain.
It is actually responsible for over 600 cellular reactions throughout your body and is in fact needed by every organ and cell to help them function properly.
So, one might say it’s rather important!
Whilst magnesium is an essential mineral in the human body, your diet alone may not be providing adequate amounts to function as its best.
In fact, a recent study revealed that less than half the population is getting enough magnesium from the food they consume.
Over the last few years, there have been various scientific studies conducted on the benefits of sufficient magnesium intake which make you want to be certain you are consuming enough of this wonderful mineral.
Various research suggests the possible benefits of magnesium include:
- Aiding sports/exercise performance,
- Helping to fight depression,
- Lowering blood pressure,
- Reducing inflammation,
- Helping to prevent migraines,
- Improving symptoms of PMS,
- Having beneficial effects against Type 2 Diabetes,
- Assisting with physiological roles of the heart, brain and skeletal muscles,
- Assisting with biochemical reactions such as the creation and repair of DNA, regulating the nervous system, creating energy from the food we eat and helping our muscles contract and relax.
As you can see, Magnesium is essential for the human body and plays a fundamental role in sustaining health and life. We can all struggle to get our RDI from food alone and for this reason, it might be worth considering a daily magnesium supplement.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, please seek the advice of your medical practitioner prior to introducing a new supplement to your diet.
VÖOST Magnesium can be purchased at Woolworths, Coles, Chemist Warehouse and selected independent supermarkets & pharmacies nationwide.
For further reading on the benefits of magnesium, we recommend this useful resource.