Summer doesn't have to mean that soups are out! This super easy green gazpacho with prawn soup is light, delicious and perfect for warm summer evenings.
- 6 large cooked prawns
- pinch of paprika
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- 1 lime
- Lebanese cucumber (a few chopped squares for garnishing)
For the gazpacho:
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus 2 tsp extra for drizzling)
- 1 cup cubed sourdough (no crusts)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (minus the garnish), chopped
- ¼ green capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- The Gazpacho: place vinegar, lime juice, yoghurt, salt and 3 tbsp olive oil in a large bowl and whisk together. Add remaining gazpacho ingredients except the herbs. Toss together until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Blend the mixture along with all the herbs on a low setting until it resembles a chunky purée. Increase speed to high and gradually add ½ cup of very cold water to create a smooth mixture. Blend on high for one minute then add more water until you achieve a soup-like consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning. Place in the fridge to allow it to chill.
- De-vein the prawns, sprinkle with paprika and lightly grill on a griddle pan or BBQ for no more than two minutes a side, with a dash of olive oil. Pour chilled soup into two bowls or glasses and top with prawns. Drizzle a tsp of oil on top of each dish and garnish with chives and cucumber. Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the top for extra zing!