There's nothing better than curling up on a cold night with a warm bowl of soup! This winter why not try this delicious Green Pea Soup with Crispy Prosciutto
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 liters) vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups (400g) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to season
- 4 slices prosciutto (optional)
- plain or Greek yogurt (optional)
- Finely chop leek and sauté in a deep saucepan until soft, add garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peas a good pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Using hand blender, blitz it all until smooth and creamy.
- Lay slices of cured prosciutto on a baking tray and place under the grill until crispy. Alternatively you can fry your prosciutto in a frying pan for a couple of minutes or omit all together for a veterian friendly meal!
- Serve and top with crispy prosciutto and a dollop of plain or Greek yogurt.