Spring is finally here! We’ve made it through cold and rainy Winter and our reward is new seasonal produce brimming with nutrients and delicious flavours.
Buying in season produce is a great way to save money and mix up your regular meals. Spring doesn’t hold back with its seasonal produce either! You’ll be able to find lots leafy greens and hearty veg available at your local. For a guide to what’s in season check out this link here.
Below we have adapted a Salmon recipe from BBC Good Food.
· 750g potato (thickly sliced)
· 375g fresh peas
· 375g fresh green beans
· 1 bunch asparagus (chopped in thirds)
· 3 tbs olive oil
· Zest and juice of one lemon
· Small bunch of mint leaves (finely chopped)
· 4 salmon fillets
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C
2. Boil the potatoes in a large pan for 5-10 minutes or until tender
3. Meanwhile, steam your peas, asparagus and beans 3-5 minutes.
4. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and mint to make a dressing.
5. Pat the salmon dry with kitchen towel and then cover with the dressing. Place in an oven tray skin side down and bake for 10 – 15 minutes.
6. Drain the veg and mix with the hot dressing from the pan.