(a) We are Vitaminhaus Pty Ltd (ABN 41 162 615 992) t/as VÖOST (us/we/our), a vitamin and mineral supplement manufacturer and distributor that operates a website and e-commerce store, from which our vitamin and mineral supplements and merchandise are marketed and sold (Goods). Our websites are located at www.voostvitamins.com and www.vitaminhaus.com (Websites).
(b) In Australia the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles (the Act) governs the handling of personal information.
(c) We will handle personal information that we collect or obtain in connection with the provision of our Goods and your interactions with the Websites and us in accordance with this Privacy Notice (Notice). For the purposes of this Notice, “personal information” has the meaning as defined in the Act.
(d) This Notice also contains information about how you may access and seek correction of your personal information held by us, and how to make complaints about any privacy-related concerns.
(e) If we change this Notice, we will display notice of changes on our Websites.
(f) If you provide a pseudonym to us or wish to remain anonymous in the course of requesting our Goods, we may not be able to provide the full extent of our Goods, however your use of the Websites will not be limited. How do we collect your personal information?
(g) We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where you have requested our Goods to be provided to you;
- where you complete a form or registration process in relation to our Goods on the Websites, or otherwise;
- where you have ordered Goods from us, and we require your contact and shipping information to fulfil your order;
- where you have inquired or otherwise communicated with us in person, over email or phone, or otherwise;
- where you are interacting with the Websites, through the use of browser ‘cookies’ or trackers;
- where you have permitted one of our partners to provide your personal information to us for the purposes of third party marketing communications; and
- in such other situations, which we will inform you from time to time, where we collect personal information from you that is reasonably necessary for the proper function of our Goods;
(this is not an exhaustive list).
What personal information do we collect?
We collect and store the following types of personal information: names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, although we may collect other types of personal information from time to time.
2. What do we do with your personal information?
(a) We will not sell or trade your personal information to any third party, organisations or individuals without your consent, other than if we are required to do so by law.
(b) We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- discussing orders with you;
- providing our Goods to you;
- to provide you with further information about our Goods and other services;
- to personalise your experience of our goods and services, and the Websites;
- to respond to feedback and complaints;
- for the development of new goods and services;
- for enforcement of contractual agreements for our Goods;
- for direct marketing purposes; and
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent.
(c) We may also disclose your personal information:
- to third parties used by us to assist with providing the Goods that you have requested, including delivery agents, sub-contractors, logistics service providers, website hosting providers and technology service providers;
- to any duly authorised law enforcement officer, or any other person, authorised by any law to receive your personal information from us;
- to lessen or prevent serious threats to the health and safety of an individual or the general public; and
- to assist in locating missing individuals.
3. Do we send your personal information to parties outside Australia?
(a) From time-to-time, we may need to use third-party service providers for digital cloud storage, web hosting or other technology-related services in connection with providing our Goods. We may disclose your personal information to these third party services providers who may operate outside of Australia, or operate in Australia with servers located outside of Australia.
(b) As some of our third-party service providers operate globally, we cannot say with certainty where their servers are located or the countries out of which they operate at any given time. Further, these locations may be subject to change without notice to us.
4. Are we responsible for third parties’ websites and social media links?
5. Will we send direct marketing communications to you?
(a) Your personal information may be used by us to offer you new products and services, provide you with information about memberships, advise you in relation to important information for the live music sector, advise you of useful business news, updates and other information, notify you of new developments to our goods and services, or to make other promotional communications to you related to our goods and services.
(b) If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out any time by clicking the link for opting-out in e-mail communications sent to you, or by contacting us (see section 11).
6. Do we collect personal information through cookies and analytics tools?
(a) When you visit our Websites, we may collect information about your computer, page visits and internet connections using browser “cookies”. We will collect this information in order to improve the operation of our Websites, direct the most appropriate content to you, and to remember your preferences for the next time you access our Websites.
(b) We may use web analytics platforms to collect data about visitor traffic to our Websites as part of our information gathering processes. The data available to us through web analytics platforms is aggregate only and does not identify you personally.
(c) We do not merge any personal information we have collected from you with data obtained through cookies or web analytics platforms.
(d) You are able to opt out of cookie technology through changing the settings on your browser, but this may affect the way you experience our Websites.
7. How do we keep personal information secure?
(a) You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. Data security measures can never be guaranteed. This means that while we take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
(b) If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information provided to us, please contact us immediately.
8. Will we transfer your personal information?
If we are involved in a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign your personal information collected by us to one or more relevant third parties in our sole discretion.
9. What if I have questions or complaints about this Notice?
(a) If you:
- have any questions about this Notice;
- wish to request access to any personal information that we hold;
- wish to correct or update your personal information that we hold; or
- wish to make a complaint or discuss any other privacy concerns you may have;
please contact us at:
The Privacy Officer, Vitaminhaus Pty Ltd
(b) If you have a complaint or a privacy-related concern, please give us the opportunity to resolve matters by contacting us first using the methods outlined above. Once we have received a complaint, we will try to work with you to resolve the matter.
(c) For further information on privacy, you may wish to visit the websites of the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC): https://www.oaic.gov.au/.