We all need a little inspiration to jazz up dinner from time to time and let’s face it, the salad repertoire can become boring faster than you can say the word ‘kale.'
Here are a few little gems we have found to brighten up those plates this spring!
Roasted Broccoli Salad with Lemons and Almonds
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped finely and roasted in a moderate oven for approx. 20 mins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped finely
- 4 very thin slices lemon, chopped into small pieces
- A handful of chopped roasted or raw almonds
Toss all ingredients in a dressing of salt, pepper and olive oil.
Asparagus, Hazelnut and Parmesan Salad
- Leaves - whatever you like - spinach, rocket, iceberg or something fancy if you wish!
- 10 Asparagus sprigs, lightly grilled/pan seared
- Handful of hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- A few shavings of parmesan
Drizzle with olive oil and dust with salt and pepper.